Posting RulesRules for Members using the Comments/Chat Sections
Please read these rules before posting on KarasOnCrime.com (KOC):
1. Members should refrain from engaging in personal conversations within the blog posts. Personal conversations can be posted in an appropriate area on the forum such as the off-topic category.
2. Please don’t post personal information such as email addresses or phone numbers.
3. It is expected that individual opinions will vary. Please agree to disagree and explain your own opinion without disparaging other commenters. Be respectful and courteous at all times.
- Do not use profanity though “hell” and “damn” are fine.
- Do not tell another member what s/he can or cannot post; instead, direct your concerns to a Moderator.
- If you do not want to read a member’s comments, you can block the member through Disqus. You won’t see the comments and the member posting them will never know.
4. Do not challenge a Moderator’s decision within the public comments; rather, engage the Moderator in a private email exchange if there are questions or conflicts. This includes a Moderator’s decision to edit your post (including spelling corrections) or to delete your post.
5. You are entitled to an explanation if you are banned from commenting. Some comments, however, may be deleted without explanation such as those attacking a Moderator, a member or other inappropriate content. Please note that Moderators have discretion to delete comments as well as give a member a warning. If a situation continues, it could result in a member being banned from the site.
6. Please contact the moderators, not Beth, to raise your issues, concerns, or questions. Moderators are in regular contact with Beth.
7. Discussions related to religion or politics are prohibited though reference to praying for someone is fine. If religion is integral to the story then, of course, it can be discussed but debates about the superiority or inferiority of a religion or belief are prohibited.
8. Content that is unique to KOC—that is, created by and for the website—is copyright-protected and cannot be copied and reposted. For all other content, please seek permission in advance to determine if it can be used outside KOC.
9. Posting of links to fund-raising sites (such as GoFundMe) is not permitted.
10. These rules are subject to change. You will be notified of changes through group emails and postings on the site.
These rules supplement the Terms of Service posted on KOC.